Thursday 22 September 2011

Sept 22nd

Well it has been a busy few days and none of us have updated the blog so this will cover what's we've been up to.
The last few days have been busy getting ready for our move. We have been counting the days to get into our new house since our rental leaves alot to be desired. I can't tell you how sick I am of killing tiny little ants by the hundreds in the kitchen and in the bathroom.....i mean what do ants want in a bathroom anyway?!? We came to the realization that we are out numbered and will not win so they can have the house. We give up. lol But on a side note Fabreeze is a great ant killer in a pinch.

Other then killing ants we do the same daily stuff these last few days......go for walks or read, watch movies and sample great food from the MANY MANY local restaurants. Trev and I have been taking Flash for walks along the malacon (boardwalk) at night and the other night there were some people setting off some left over balloons from the globos festival. The first one looked like the space shuttle and got really high before bursting into flames. The next one was huge and very fancy but met it's maker within minutes of leaving the ground. It hit a palm tree, caught fire and fell in the lake. It was amazing to see them doing it right there in the middle of the malacon....right beside the basketball court......they were blowing up the balloons with what looked like a flame thrower on the end of a propane tank. There were kids playing basketball and bikes and skateboards everywhere.....the police were also there just watching along with the rest of us.

I have also started feeding Vino Blanco....he is a white donkey who at night is always on the beach by the malacon. He belongs to Pedro......Pedro is an ex lawyer from Canada who has lived here for many years....no one really knows what his real name is but anyway.....when we passed vino blanco the first night I went to let him sniff my hand before I pet him...like you do with a dog. Well I guess he thought I had food for him because he just started chewing on my hand. Let me tell you....although his teeth are dull he has got a big bite on him! So I started taking him carrots. So we walk Flash and usually end up sitting at the bar at the beginning of the malacon and have some beer and margaritas and we feed the donkey. I now have the inside scoop that Vino Blanco likes marshmellows so we picked some up the other day and see what he thinks. I wonder if my parents will notice if I brought a donkey home??? I could just tie him up across the street and tell him he must belong to some farmer but that I just like to feed him. There are always cows and horses grazing across the street from our new house.....why not a donkey. I would name him Paco!

On Tuesday we came to the new house and did our walk thru and met the gardener (Jose) who comes every Tuesday and the maid (Maria) who comes every Tuesday and Friday. Seems so weird to say that.....gardener and maid, but I gotta say I am glad to not have to mop a floor again!!

Wednesday Sept 21. Today is not just moving day....it is my parents wedding anniversary AND it is also Martha and Randy's (the people we are buying the house from) anniversary also, what are the chances. we go to the notario (notary) for 2:00 to sign the papers and get the keys to the house......and when I say keys I mean you need a janaitor's key ring to hold all these keys. Each door has it's own key....inside and out. There are probably around 20 keys or more. It will take some time before we don't have to look at the list to confirm which key goes where.
After the transfer is all done we start taking stuff to the house, cleaning and unpacking.

After our dinner (tomato soup). The the doorbell rang and it was Jenny from the real estate office. She and her husband had taken one of Martha and Randy's dogs (Bear) a really beautiful german sheppard. She thought the previous owners may still be here and could take Bear back. But Bear did not care who was here.....he was coming in like it or not. Bear is also very fast.......I spent a while chasing him around the yard trying to catch his leash. Randy and Martha were actually just coming down the street as they are staying at a friends house around the corner until they head back to the states. Luckily it all seems to be sorted. Today my dad the big softy said he would like to have Bear and suprisingly my mom said the same. It was Trev and I that actually said no......well Trev because I would take him also. The last 2 to 3 years we have been saying NO MORE PETS and it took all of 1 day to change. Man are we soft!
Later that night Thomas and his wife Eleanna and their 3 kids came over for a visit and a drink. ON Friday Eleana is taking me shopping to show me all the good spots to get meat, baked goods and so on so I am really looking forward to that.....it can be hard to find a good place since I am not familiar with Chapala as much as I am with Ajijic.We are actually a bit closer to Chapala than Ajijic, so she will show me around.

It will take some time to get settled.....the casita is not done yet so Trev and I will stay in the spare bedroom but for now we don't have a bed since it will not be delivered until Sat. So Wed. night was stayed at the rental along with my dad who did not feel up to driving back here in the dark. So mom braved the first night solo in the new place. She did not get much sleep as she says this place makes some weird noises at night. I guess I will find out tonight. Trev is staying at the rental since he did not want to sleep on a couch and also wants to get the engine tuned on his bike tonight so he can ride it up here tomorrow, but I was not goign to sleep in Ant city one more night so the couch is looking pretty good to me.

Today was more cleaning, moving stuff to the house, but today we sat in the pool for a bit and enjoyed a drink in the yard. The cat and the dog think they have gone to heaven I am sure. One of the patio screens has a doggy door in it so they can come and go in and out as they please and the yard is huge with lots for them to explore. And they have both really gotten the hang of coming in and out on their own. who needs humans eh?!?! except to feed them of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment