Tuesday 15 November 2011

November 15th Happy Birthday Trevor.

(posted by Shelley) So it was a pretty busy day. First of all it is Trev's birthday today, so happy birthday to him. After a busy day of running around we went to lunch at Ajijic Steak House. On top of the usual home made salsa and chips that you get everywhere we got garlic mushrooms with toast as an appetizer, then the meal was a baked potato and some amazing steaks. Trev had 3 beers (Sol) and I had a ceasar and a pop and the bill came to under $50...not too shabby.

Today we also got our FM2s so it is official......we are Mexicans now :). Tomorrow we will finally be able to go and book our flight back to Canada for Trev's brother's wedding. Just in time since we are off to PV in 5 days and will head to Canada right afterwards.
After finishing up at immigration we went and test drove a car. Since after 6 years there is a regulation that you have to either get your car out of Mexico if it is not from here or pay $3000 to legalize it, we wil need a new car at some point. Plus whenever Trev and I go out it leaves my parents here without a car and vise versa. So there is a 1973 VW Thing for sale that we have been looking at. As much as I like it for Trev and I, I don't think it is the car for us as a family though. My mom would have a hard time getting in and out of it since she is a shorty, plus it is standard which they do not like. And down the road when we don't have the van anymore it needs to be something that they are comfortable in and driving themselves, and this is not that car.  :( We will keep looking though. There are tons of cars and we are not in any great rush for now.

We have made some great progress in the house painting and it is looking soooooo good. We started in the courtyard/ car park and it looks like a whole new house. I will take some pics and post them once it is done, right now it is a bit messy with a concrete mixer from the contractors and plants and stuff everywhere.

While Trev and I were out today my parents stayed home since it is Tuesday and the maid and gardener are in as well as the contractors. Today the contractors were putting Teka (terra cotta tiles) on the patio roof off the castita and in one of the trees outside the wall where they are working there was a nest inside the tree with hundreds of wasps. One of the guys was stung twice but luckily is not ellergic. But they were unable to work there until the wasps are gone since there are so many. So in comes the fire dept. yup......that is you you call for your wasp issues I guess. From what I understand they have to come in and get rid of them. If the tree needs to come down they have the authorization to cut it down without further permission from the government which is usually needed if you want to take a tree down on or off your property. So the fire dept came around 6:30 and suited up. They sprayed the tree all over and in all the holes and then stuffed the holes with newspaper soaked in the spray stuff and stuffed it in all the openings. Hopefully that does the trick since it would be nice not to lose the tree since. I guess we will have to wait and see.

My dad has been asked to sit in on a committee for the subdivision. I won't pretend to know all that this committee is involved in, but he is helping out with stuff regarding the new water storage systems for Chapala Haciendas 1, 2, and 3. I think it is great for him to be helping out and he loves doing stuff like this so he is chuffed to bits. It also gets him out of the house.....he had a meeting today and then another meeting tomorrow. That also gives my mom some time to herself while we are out and he is at his meetings.

I think that sums all that is new up for now. Tomorrow is market day, booking a flight and more painting I am sure. I am shattered just thinking about it, so off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment