Wednesday 12 October 2011

October 11th Happy Birthday Mom

I am writing this the day after but yesterday was my mom's birthday, so a big Happy Birthday to you!!!!

We will make her a nice fancy meal later in the week as Trev went to Guadalajara last night with our friend Thomas to a Mexpat get together. But we did buy her some flowers and something special for dessert.
Other then that today my parents stayed at home as Maria and Jose come on Tuesdays. The market was also held on Tuesday instead of Wednesday this week since on Wednesday the Pan Am torch was coming thru the village and they wanted to keep that road clear. It was very wet and cool since we are getting some wet weather thanks to Hurricane Jova.If I could find my spring jacket I would have worn it, but it is one of the many items that are missing in action right now.
Trev cannot find a shirt, I am also missing a shirt, a bag of magnets and keys aswell as my jacket and my mom is missing her fancy hair towel. I am sure we will start to find things as we go thru the rest of our boxes but for now we have no idea where they are. We have found where Trev's shoes keep going....if he leaves them out anywhere Maria has been putting them in my parents closet. Maybe we should start checking there for the rest of our stuff.

So as I mentioned our friend Thomas invited us to go to a Mexpat get together in Guad. It is organized by a guy from the states that is living here and once a month roughly expats will gather at different locations. This time it was held at a small Irish pub called The Temple Bar. It is a good thing that Thomas offered to drive because there is no way Trev and I would have ever found it. We have only been to the city a few times and it is HUGE!!!! But we did get a very nice tour around the city as we had a bit of trouble finding the place. There were quite a few people there....maybe around 40 or so. We were the only ones from Canada but there were a few from the States and allot from Holland, Denmark and England. Although we felt a bit akward as most people there it seems knew one another Thomas was nice enough to introduce us to some of the people. Everyone was really friendly and all are here doing very different things. It was great to see so many younger people there.
On the way home we stopped at a 24 hour burrito place between Guad and Chapala, you can choose you fillings and let me just say YUM!!!!! They were so good and it is only 15 minutes from our place so I imagine we will be going there again. The city will be busy for the next month with the games going on so I think we will wait til after they are over. Maybe we can even talk my mom into trying one.

No comments:

Post a Comment