Wednesday 12 October 2011

October 12th Hurricane Jova

Another rainy day. It poured during the night and I think it has maybe stopped for a total of 10 minutes today. This is due to the hurricane hitting the pacific coast of Mexico. Luckily no one has been hurt or killed according the the news this afternoon and it has been down graded to a tropical storm.

Still with such a dry rainy season the rain has been a good thing. This wet weather has also been driving the critters indoors I think.....we were sitting in the T.V. room and I saw a scorpion crawling along the floor. I lept into action though and killed it with my trusty flip flop. Now had it been a spider I would have been running out of the room, but scorpions move slowly where as the spiders here are on speed. Maybe that is why the scorpions don't bother me as much. That is not to say I want them crawling around on the floors though.

Today my mom had a focus group to go to. It was a think tank to talk about assisted living here in Lake Chapala for seniors. So we dropped her off and then did a bit of running around. I had hoped to be in the village when the torch came thru but it just didn't work out. I am not sure if it came thru in the morning since on the website it said it would be in the afternoon, but signs along the street said no parking on the streets on the a.m. as this was the torch route. Oh well....what can ya do.

We went to the bank to take out a sum of money greater then what the bank machine allows (which is $3000.00 pesos that is about $250 Canadian) but turns out you need specific i.d. .....like your passport or you FM2 or FM3, or a Jalisco drivers license....none of which we had on us. So we went for lunch instead. Chimichangas at Salvatore's. We sat outside since today we dressed for the cooler weather and they have a covered veranda. I fed most of my chimichanga to a sweet little dog. It looked like a little german sheppard, she was wet and shivering and VERY skittish. The slightest move or noise and she would get spooked. She wore a collar so she belongs to someone but not sure if that someone deserves a dog. She would not let me pet her but she would take the food from my hand. It is lucky I have people here to keep me in check because I would end up taking all these dogs home with me. That seems to be the case with alot of people here. At the market yesterday we met a woman who has 10 dogs at home.......all Mexican street dogs that she falls in love with. It is nice that there are people that can and will take these animals in. Our friend Summer is house sitting and they already had two dogs of their own when they saw a little girl hit a small dog with her bookbag and  break it's back leg. First of all I would have been tempted to hit that girl with her bookbag!!!! These people took the poor little thing to the vets, had it's leg set and also had it fixed while it was in there and have now taken it into their home.

We also had to stop at an appliance place as our fridge was making some very stange noises at about 4 yesterday morning....not that Trev and I heard anything but apparently it woke my parents up, yesterday Trev and I went in to ask for a repair guy to come and have a look but now it is working fine so we wanted to go and cancel the request, they said oh, the repair guy went out yesterday....well I am not sure who's fridge he was looking at but it was not ours. Oh well as long as it keeps the beer cold and the icecream frozen, who cares.

After all this we came home to find the Flash our lovely dog had ripped his way thru the kitchen garbage. So Trev and I had the pleasure of cleaning that unpleasant mess up. I am thinking Flash may have to stay outside when we go out if he keeps this up.

After that we just watched t.v. ....not much else you really want to do on a really rainy day. We had dinner and then updating the blog. I have been slacking which has been pointed out to me by a few people now, so I will try to do an update on a more regular basis as I know you are eagerly waiting to hear our goings on. lol

Hopefully tomorrow the weather will break and we will get a glimpse of the sun. We are picking up all of the paint we ordered the other day and it would be great to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment